The Canadian federal government Client Application Status service lets potential immigrants to Canada check the status of their immigration applications using the Internet, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Information on the Client Application Status service is updated weekly.
Who Can Use the Client Application Status Service
To use the online service, you first must certify that you are the applicant, applicant's executor, guardian, authorized officer, or agent of the person for whom the application was submitted. For information on the use of authorized representatives see Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Immigration Representaives: Who Can Represent You.
The online service can be used to check the status of the following types of Canadian immigration applications:
- applications to sponsor a family class relative
- applications for permanent residence from either within or outside Canada
- applications for permanent resident cards. Includes initial, replacement or renewal permanent resident cards.
Application Processing Times
You can find out how long it is currently taking Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process different types of immigration applications by checking Application Processing Times.
Information Required to Use the e-Client Application Status Service
To use the online service to check on the status of a Canadian immigration application or application for a permanent resident card, applicants should have the following information available:
- a copy of all documents sent or received relating to your application
- a copy of your application
- financial receipt(s) - IMM 5401
- any official letter or document received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.