If you lose your Canadian passport or if it is stolen, you may be issued a replacement passport for a limited time.
Time Required: 2 weeks
- Report the loss or theft of your Canadian passport to the local police.
- Report the loss or theft to the Canadian Passport Office. If you are outside Canada report it to the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.
- Authorities will conduct an investigation.
- If authorized, you can then apply for a replacement passport, which may be valid for a limited time until you have to apply for a new passport.
- Submit a completed application form, photos, fee, proof of citizenship, and a Statutory Declaration Concerning a Lost, Stolen, Inaccessible or Destroyed Canadian Passport or Travel Document (Form PPT 203 available in PDF).
- If you find your lost passport, report it immediately to the local police and the Passport Office. You must not have two valid passports.