Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Client Application Status service lets you check the status of your application for Canadian citizenship using the Internet, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Information on the Client Application Status service is updated weekly.
Who Can Use the Client Application Status Service
Citizenship and Immigration Canada's online service can be used to check the status of the following types of Canadian citizenship applications:
- application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship)
- application for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (after February 14, 1977)
- application for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship)
- application to register and retain Canadian citizenship
- application to renounce Canadian citizenship
- application to resume Canadian citizenship
Citizenship Application Processing Times
You can find out how long it is currently taking Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process different types of citizenship applications by checking Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Application Processing Times.
Information Required to Use the Client Application Status Service
To use the online service to check on the status of a Canadian citizenship application, applicants should have the following information available:
- a copy of all letters and documents sent to or received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada relating to your Canadian citizenship application
- a copy of your Canadian citizenship application
- financial receipt(s) - IMM 5401