You should apply for your study permit for Canada as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance from an educational institution.
To apply for a study permit for Canada:
- Download the study permit application kit and guide (in PDF). You can also contact the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for your area to have a study permit application kit mailed to you.
- Read the guide carefully. Fees for study permit applications are not refundable, so be sure you are eligible for a study permit and can meet the requirements before you apply.
- Complete the form and attach the required documents. If you don't follow all the instructions or don't provide the necessary documents, your application could be returned to you without processing. Sign and date your application. Double check that you have completed the application fully and that you have enclosed all the required documents. Make a copy of your application for your own records.
- Pay the fee and get an official receipt. Check with your local visa office on fees and how to pay them.
- Submit your application. For details on accepted methods of submitting your application, consult the visa office responsible for your area.