- proof of identity - a valid passport or travel document for you and each family member accompanying you. If the country that issued your passport requires a re-entry permit, you must have one before you apply for a temporary work permit for Canada. Citizens and permanent residents of the United States, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, and Greenland do not need passports, but do need proof of status and citizenship. You must also supply two recent passport-size photos.
- proof of employment in Canada - a written job offer or contract from your prospective employer
- proof of qualifications - proof that you meet the requirements of the job, including educational requirements and work experience
- HRDSC Confirmation - if required for your job, your prospective employer must get a labour market opinion and confirmation from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada(HRDSC) and provide you with the file identifier number
- Quebec Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) - required if you are planning to work temporarily in the province of Quebec. Check the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles site for details.
- immigration status in country of application - if you are not a citizen of the country in which you are applying, you must provide proof of your current immigration status.
You must also produce any additional documents requested.