The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has an online service called Quick Access which provides fast and easy access to some of your basic Canadian personal income tax and benefit account information. The Quick Access service is for individual taxpayers only and is not available for client representatives. Quick Access hours of service are 21 hours a day.
Income Tax and Benefit Information Available With Quick Access
The Quick Access service provides immediate access to some of the information available from the My Account tax service. Information available with Quick Access is:
- the status of your tax return
- the status of your income tax refund
- your RRSP contribution limit
- your Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) contribution room
- the status of your benefit payments
You can also request a personalized remittance voucher through Quick Access.
Information Needed to Use Quick Access
To use the Quick Access service, you need to provide:
- your social insurance number (SIN)
- your date of birth
- the Total Income amount you entered on line 150 of the most current filed and processed income tax return from the last two tax years.
Computer Requirements to Use the Service
To be able to use the Quick Access service, your browser must support TLS 1.0 or SSL 3.0. The following Web browsers work with the Quick Access service:
- Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Mozilla Firefox 15, 16 and 17
- Safari 4, 5 and 6
- Chrome 29, 30 and 31
- (More recent versions of these browsers and other browsers may work but have not been fully tested by the CRA.)
You must have cookies enabled in your browser settings.
To protect the security of your information, be sure to clear your browser's cache after you use Quick Access.