Definition: A T4A Canadian tax information slip is a Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income. It is prepared and issued by an employer, a trustee, an estate executor or liquidator, a pension administrator, or a corporate director, to tell you and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) how much of certain types of income they paid you during a tax year and the amount of income tax that was deducted. Use T4As in preparing and filing your Canadian income taxes.
Other T4 tax information slips include:
- T4 - Statement of Remuneration Paid
- T4A(OAS) - Statement of Old Age Security
- T4A(P) - Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
- T4E - Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits
- T4RIF - Statement of Income From a Registered Retirement Income Fund
- T4RSP - Statement of RRSP Income
For more information on T4As, see T4A Tax Slips for Canadian Income Taxes.