Definition: A T4RIF is a Statement of Income From a Registered Retirement Income Fund. A T4RIF is an information slip prepared and issued by a financial institution to tell you and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) how much money you received out of your registered retirement income fund (RRIF) for a given tax year and how much tax was deducted. Use T4RIFs in preparing and filing your Canadian income taxes.
Other T4 tax information slips include:
- T4 - Statement of Remuneration Paid
- T4A - Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income
- T4A(OAS) - Statement of Old Age Security
- T4A(P) - Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits
- T4E - Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits
- T4RSP - Statement of RRSP Income
For more information on T4RIFs, see T4RIF Tax Slips.