1. News & Issues
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

How to Change Your Address With the CRA

Tell the CRA When You Move


Dateline: 01/21/13

When you move, you should notify the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as soon as possible.

Keeping your address up to date will make sure that you receive your income tax refund and benefit payments, including related provincial payments, such as GST/HST credit payments, universal child care benefit payments, Canada child tax benefit payments and working income tax benefit advance payments without interruption.

Note: You can't change your address as you're using NETFILE to file your income taxes. Personal information is not passed along with the return. You must change your address before you submit your income tax return by NETFILE.

There are several ways to inform the CRA of your change of address.

1) Online

Use the My Account Tax Service.

2) Phone the CRA

Call the Individual Income Tax Enquiries telephone service at 1-800-959-8281

3) Complete an Address Change Request Form

You can print and complete the Address Change Request RC325 Form and mail it to the appropriate tax centre listed on the bottom of the form.

You could use the PDF fillable RC325 form, fill it in online, then save it to file or print it, sign it and then send it to your tax centre following the CRA instructions.

4)Write or Fax the CRA

Send a letter or fax to your CRA tax centre. Include your signature, Social Insurance Number, old and new address, and the date of your move.

If you are including other people in your change of address request (such as your spouse), be sure to include information for each of them and make sure they also sign the letter to authorize the change.

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.