About Dalton McGuinty:
A bilingual Ottawa lawyer, Dalton McGuinty led the Ontario Liberal Party to a landslide majority in the 2003 Ontario provincial election. As Ontario Premier he quickly started to break many promises he made during the election campaign, including a pledge not to raise taxes. In 2005 Dalton McGuinty began a concerted campaign to get the federal government to close what he claims is a $23-billion gap between what Ontario contributes to the federal government and what Ontario gets back in services.
Premier of Ontario:
2003 to present
July 19, 1955 in Ottawa, Ontario
- BSc in Biology - McMaster University
- LLB - University of Ottawa
Political Career of Dalton McGuinty:
- Dalton McGuinty was first elected to the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in 1990.
- He was re-elected in 1995.
- Dalton McGuinty was elected Leader of the Liberal Party of Ontario in 1996.
- Dalton McGuinty led the Liberal Party to a majority government in 2003.
- Dalton McGuinty was sworn in as Premier of Ontario in October 2003.