To help city lovers make Canadian travel plans, here are summer activities in Calgary, Alberta and links to local directories, city maps, the local daily newspaper and the Calgary weather forecast.
- Canada Olympic Park, site of the 1988 Olympics, has lots of summer activities scheduled, including summer luge, mountain biking, volleyball and camps.
- Take advantage of the many shopping districts in Calgary.
- For western art and history, take a tour of the Glenbow Museum.
- Visit the Calgary Zoo for a safe, close-up look at Canadian wildlife. Don't miss the Prehistoric Park, and then wind down in the Botanical Gardens.
- In July, there's the Calgary Stampede, with rodeo, chuck wagon races, parades, a midway, great food and wonderful western Canadian hospitality.
- Get some exercise and explore the Trans Canada Trail.
Essential Calgary Resources